Because they will most certainly turn out differently. My living room is turning out much differently than I had planned.
First I found an amazing deal on a Brunchwig and Fils sofa – skirted and down cushioned goodness and kind of perfectly worn in. Best of all, it was $200, so I won’t feel bad when I have it reupholstered in a few years. Right now it is a orangey rosey color, which isn’t bad, just not what I planned. Then I found this:
and it makes everything work perfectly! We found it at one Pottery Barn and it was marked $99. They didn’t have it in an 8′ x 10′, but located it at another store. We hightailed it over to pick it up but they had it priced at $139, we raised a little stink, but couldn’t get them to honor the $99 price….bummer. But even at $139, it is a spectacular deal.
So now the accessorizing will have to change a bit.
I picked this pillow up from Ikea:
And this one from Target:
and am planning on getting this one from West Elm:
Our leather chairs need matching these matching throws:
which doesn’t appear to be available online anymore. I sure hope I can find two of them in stores this weekend.
So the living room todo list looks like this:
- 1 more pillow
- 2 Throws
- Rug Pad
- Paint Cabinet
- Botanical Print
- End table
The rest of the house to do/to buy list looks this:
- Lighting (World Market)
- Shoe Racks- cheap ones from Ikea, they go in the coat closet, so fancy is not needed
- Window Film- we need like this for our front door so we don’t get our neighbors mail anymore:
- Paint Bar Cabinet -I am feeling something green like this.
- Mirror – still planning on this one:
- Accessorize Bar (Tray, etc)
- Lighting – I am using these, perhaps with a little customization
- Table Cloth/Fabric
- Curtains with tie backs – these from Ikea, though I am going to use something else for tiebacks
- Headboard -I discovered this one on the Ikea website.
though I still sort of like this one better:
an in person visit is required to make the decision
- Pottery Barn Teen Pillowcases – still loving these
- Art – this from Etsy
- Roller Shade – I am a sucker for a blackout shade
- Night table – This one from CB2, unless i find vintage in the next few weeks.
or this one:
I’m not completely ecstatic about either of these, so we’ll see
- Rug – I love this one from Rugsusa.com – on super sale
Bathroom- this is room is coming along, but still needs some finishing touches
- Art – no idea what this is yet. Perhaps some photography from my mom.
- Baskets – I found some great baskets on sale at Target, I doubt they are still there. I didn’t pull the trigger last weekend because the cart was pretty full and I could hear my husband having a panic attack over going to the checkout already. Cross your fingers no one else has found them yet.
- Toothbrush holder – Don’t ask me why this detail is so important, I had a mug to use as a toothbrush holder picked out at Fishes Eddy that isn’t available any more. Back to the drawing board.
- Guest Towels
- Rug – You may remember, I like this one from Urban Outfitters
but it depends on the rest of the room.
I like this one:
but we would really like to find something vintage or on Craigslist. Unfortunately, everything we have found is either irrationally expensive or the seller has been unresponsive to our emails. I decided to wait on a rug until the settee is found since one will affect the other.
- Silverware Caddy – we have an extraordinarily small kitchen with virtually no storage. I decided the best solution for our silverware is this:
- Lighting- this is still up in the air too. I MUST replace the florescent-orama that is happening in there, but I haven’t found anything perfect yet
- Canisters in pantry – I’m dreaming of this
- Better garbage cans (recycling) – Photos aren’t required.
The reason for this concise list…. we are having a pre-holiday, overdue house warming at the end of this month. I have no idea how much of this I can get done, but I at least wanted to have a game plan.
I’m working on updated mood boards. I’ll be back soon to share.